Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
selling a house with a mortgage - LoanUniverse Community

selling a house with a mortgage

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_matt_*

• Guests

Posted 13 November 2004 - 04:15 PM

i was wondering... if i have a house with a mortgage, since i have the title, can i sell this house to someone for cash and use the cash for my own personal use, while still paying off the mortgage.....

#2 loanuniverse

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 06:32 PM

Well, I guess you could theoretically do something like that if you are selling the property for cash to someone foolish enough not to have an attorney on his side.

The first thing that the attorney would do will be to check the title and see what liens have been placed and then he will make sure to cut a check to the lender at closing, which means you will never even have that money in your hands.

Personally, I donít think this would be the right thing to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users