Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
what to do - LoanUniverse Community

what to do

1 reply to this topic

#1 msmomrules

Summer Intern

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 07:38 PM

I really could use some help with this and would appreciate any feedback.
I helped my soon to be ex husband reinstate a mortgage to avoid foreclosure. I got the money from an equity line on my home. there is a recent appraisal of 169,000.00 for this duplex in bradenton florida. Each side has 2bedrooms/1bath. He also signed the deed over to me and now it is in my name only.
He has a 100000 mortgage note to be paid. If I have this mortgage transferred in my name, will the lenders make me pay for a new application or will they call the whole loan?
My exhusband also owes 60000.00 to my dad that I want to get out of this house. Is this still a wise investment?
Each side can rent for $700.00. the place is in decent shape. I offered his sister to buy it but I told her I needed the 60000.00 upon purchase and then I would sign the deed. They are thinking about this. I have talked to a realtor who said she can list the place a 182,000.00. I felt the right thing to do was to offer this to the sister first b/c she lives there. If she doesn't go for this what are my options?

#2 loanuniverse

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:08 AM

When family is involved, I think that the best approach would be to go ahead and sell the property. I would just go ahead and sell the property so that I could give my Dad his $60,000. Let it be his decision on how to invest it. The problem that I see is that there is still people that you know that live in the house, how are you going to feel collecting from her on a monthly basis. If the property gets listed, that listing contract with the realtor should allow for the sale of the property to the sister/tenant without paying a realtor commission.

If you still want to figure out whether or not the property is a good investment do the following:

$700 x 2 units X 12 months = $16,800 {annual gross rents at 100% occupancy} - $700 {assuming one unit is vacant one month per year} = $16,100 {adjusted gross rent}

Then deduct the following:

1- Mortgage payments
2- Taxes & Insurance {only if not included in mortgage}
3- About $1,000 worth of maintenance a year {even if it is not spent, you will eventually spend it in big ticket items like a new roof}
4- Any utilities not paid by tenants {i.e. garbage pickup}

The resulting number will be the return on your equity.

Good luck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users