Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Small Business loans with bankruptcy. - LoanUniverse Community

Small Business loans with bankruptcy.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kelliee_*

• Guests

Posted 08 November 2004 - 12:17 AM

What does a person do when they have a sound business plan but need a loan for start-up money. I have filed bankruptcy and am discharged but I cannot find the money for my business. How do you find banks or lenders that will give you a chance, or how do you get started leagally establishing business credit. Does anyone know of any real Angel Investors that are legitimate?

#2 loanuniverse

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:58 AM

To be completely honest this is a near impossible situation to find credit.

First, it seems like you do not have any equity to contribute {this is bad}. Then, you are talking about a startup {this is really bad}. Finally, you have a bankruptcy in your personal credit report. I don’t think that you will find a bank-lender that would lend you money without the participation of some kind of government guarantee. Even with a guarantee, the loan is not a “slam dunk” by any means.

You can start building business credit by getting store credit cards and buying supplies on credit. But while vendor credit is good and not all that hard to get, working capital financing will depend on your financial information.

Also do not get confused at the term “angel investor”. They are still for profit the last time I checked.

#3 Commercial Lender

Sr. Credit Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 12:31 AM

There are many credit repair scams out there but some credit advisors are worthe taking a look at. They will tell you what to do to rebuild your credit i.e secured credit card etc etc. As far as a business goes, it is a catch 22 cause to you will need a loan but will hav eto provide a personal gurantee. Depending on your business you best bet would be rebuilding your credit asap and call the SBA local office to see what they can offer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users