Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Upside down on car loan - LoanUniverse Community

Upside down on car loan

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Sauta_*

• Guests

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:24 PM

I bought my car 3 months ago when I lost my previous job(and the company car that came with it). I financed it completely at 3.99% $9800. I just got another job and it came with a company car. I need to sell my car, but whatever price I get will be lower than the amount owed. Are there any tax implications to being upside down on a car loan? Is there any advice that anyone has for reducing this value?

#2 loanuniverse

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:04 PM

”Are there any tax implications to being upside down on a car loan?” Since you are going to be taking a loss, I seriously doubt it. I am not an accountant. You need to consult one to see if the loss can offset a gain. I seriously doubt that also.

” Is there any advice that anyone has for reducing this value?” If you mean the amount that you are going to lose in the transaction, the answer is NO. You got the car and the loan, there is not much you can do, but take the hit.

PS: Make sure you read my disclaimer smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users