Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
apartment unit - LoanUniverse Community

apartment unit

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jon_*

• Guests

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:27 PM

I am looking to buy either a fourplex or an apartment building. I found a 12 unit apartment complex but I don't have the 20% down for a commercial loan. Any advice on how I could obtain this property, or should I stick with the fourplex? Also, is it true that muli family homes are a lot harder to sell and do not appreciate as much as single famly homes? thanks

#2 loanuniverse

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 02:22 PM

Jon:

If you want the larger property, but lack the down payment, getting your seller to carry a second position mortgage on the property is the key.

Assuming that you have $40,000 for down payment, and that the property is being sold for $800,000, you would need $160,000 for a 20% down payment, but if you can convince the seller to agree to carry a 2nd in the amount of $120,000, the lender might agree to the deal as this would bring the loan to an acceptable loan-to-value.

Of course, the cash flow has to pay for the combined debt service.

Regarding the appreciation question, I wouldn’t know but in my market there is a healthy demand for multi-family properties.

#3 Commercial Lender

Sr. Credit Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 04:02 PM

As the admins said, seller 2nd is the key here. if you can get a seller to hold back a 2nd for 10-15%, and come up with the 10-15% your self + closing cost, you will be ok!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users