Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
BUYING YOUR OFFICE BUILDING - LoanUniverse Community

BUYING YOUR OFFICE BUILDING

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_VLAD DETINICH_*

• Guests

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:07 PM

THE OWNER OF THE BUILDING WHERE MY DENTAL OFFICE IS, OFFERED ME TO PURCHASE HER PROPRTY. THIS PLACE HAS 5 BEDROOMS ON SECOND FLOOR THAT ARE BEING RENTED OUT AND DENTAL OFFICE ON THE FIRST FLOOR.
THE INCOME FROM THIS PROPERTY SHOULD GIVE ME ABOUT $1000 MO.
THE PROPERTY ZONE R-2 (RESEDENTIAL-NON CONFORMING)
WHAT KIND OF LOAN SHOULD I LOOK FOR? COMMERCIAL OR RESEDENTIAL, INVESTMENT PROPERTY OR SECOND HOME, BUSSINES LOAN OR PERSONAL?
WHAT WOULD BE THE LOWEST DOWNPAYMENT I CAN QUALIFY FOR?
SHOULD I LOOK FOR COMPANY THAT SPECIALIZES IN FINANCING TO DOCTORS? biggrin.gif

#2 loanuniverse

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 12:09 PM

This is the textbook definition of an owner occupied commercial property. These types of properties are usually financed with a term-loan and require around 20% to 25% down payment when obtained from a bank lender.

I am not certain about what you mean when you talk about 5 bedrooms… If you mean 5 apartment units then it would still make this a commercial loan because anything over 4 units even if one of the units is owner occupied would make this a commercial loan.

#3 Commercial Lender

Sr. Credit Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 06:38 PM

Check the title and call your local town/buildings officials for an explanation. Some areas have commercial buildings on residential lots that are grandfathered in.

Admin raises another important question; Is it 5 apts or 5 rooms (rooms with communal restroom would make it a SRO). I think you leaning the commercial way at this point. We do financing properties like this and you are right that it would cost you about 20% down (10% down if there is a seller second). Thanks! Naj

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users