Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/loanuniv/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
There has to be a way - LoanUniverse Community

There has to be a way

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Martin Salinas II_*

• Guests

Posted 20 October 2004 - 04:51 PM

[FONT=Times][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]

My future business partner and I have a good idea for a high school sports complex in an area that is ideally located due to demand and location. We also have all of the personal contacts to bring business in from the surrounding areas. My partner is in the commercial construction estimation business so we know what our costs are going to be. The only problem is the financing. We don't have the available capital to begin and do not wish to wait to accumulate it. There must be a way to bring a sound business idea to fruition without the start up cost. My mom always told me it took money to make money, but I love proving the exceptions to the rules. Is there a way?

#2 Newcomer

Head-Teller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 05:07 PM

If you figure out how to do projects without startup costs we should be partners. biggrin.gif

-Newcomer

#3 STEVE@AMD-3D.COM

Part-Time Teller

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 05:37 AM

dry.gif
My projects will be some what smaller in nature. For the most part,what I have in mind most of my funding will come from some Federal sources. As for the school, I have some dealings with my local school board and your idea sounds like it would be funded by some federal and local sources. I would start looking into county and state rehab monies.

#4 loanuniverse

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 08:01 AM

Martin:

I am going to be honest and say that some capital is a requirement in order to bring this idea to completion. If it truly is a great idea, then you can use it as a means of convincing somebody to come in as an equity investor. A prospective lender is more concerned about repayment of its principal and interest, and his upside is limited. Therefore, we are less interested in potential as we are interested in risks.

It does take money to make money, but the money does not have to be yours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users