Welcome to LoanUniverse.com
Your source of commercial loan advice
LoanUniverse.com has been providing independent free loan advice since 1998. The objective of this site is to help the general public understand how Banks view their business or commercial real estate credit requests.
If you are looking for help in how to finance your business or trying to find out information about the ways that rental property or owner occupied real estate can be financed, feel free to post your question in the forums.
Latest Updates in Business Loans
- Financing the Small Business Startup (5/2/2013) - Small businesses are a cornerstone of the economy, and entrepreneurs are innovators and job creators. In the wake of economic uneasiness, many people have left their original careers to pursue their passions as small business owners. Unfortunately, starting a business … Continue reading
- So I decided to buy bonds – discount broker comparison (4/30/2013) - I have to admit that this website has been neglected. The fact is that I have been really busy with my new job to actually write an update. Earlier this year, I decided to leave my old employer and go … Continue reading
- The Commercial Loan – Underwriting and Portfolio Management (12/18/2012) - Paying Attention to Underwriting and Asset Management The task of the commercial lender is not an easy one. Commercial loans are customized to meet specific financing needs of borrowers, which is very different to the “cookie cutter” approach that most … Continue reading
- Commercial Loan for Retail Receivables (12/14/2012) - Financing Consumer Paper with a Commercial Loan As credit cards become more and more common, most retailers have moved away from offering in-house financing to their customers. While in the past it was common to have store credit cards, most … Continue reading
Latest Updates in Commercial Real Estate Loans
- Buying Multi-Family Entitled Land to Build (12/15/2012) - If you are a participant in the commercial real estate market, you have probably noticed improvements in leasing activity in all products and the return of capital to the investment property market. While increased market participation has fueled positive feelings … Continue reading
- Income Capitalization Approach for Commercial Real Estate Lenders (10/13/2012) - When I interviewed for a credit analyst position more than ten years ago for a previous employer, I met with two people. The first meeting was with the Credit Manager, and the second meeting was with the Chief Credit Officer … Continue reading
- Stress Testing Income Property – Commercial Underwriting (10/5/2012) - One of the shortcomings that I have noticed in small community bank’s credit underwriting has been the lack of analysis depth on loan requests to finance income producing property. Regulators expect bank lenders to do a good job assessing the … Continue reading
Latest Updates in Consumer Loans
- Choosing the RIGHT Credit Card (10/2/2012) - Credit cards are important. They help people build up their credit score, make it easy to make purchases and often come with some serious rewards and benefits. However, there are many cards from which to choose. Understanding different companies’ and … Continue reading